This month has been something else, I have read more than I thought I would and some books have been better than others… This much reading success will never happen again for a long time. I’ve had amazing people come to stay and enjoyed relaxed lazy days with them. I have escaped to Brighton for the night with two of my best friends from High School. It’s been an adventurous month for me.
General Life Wrap-Up:
It has been a stressful month with sorting out the payment of my uni accommodation along with trying to make plans to meet people and everything. Also with the launch of the blog Jay and I have been trying and failing to come up with some sort of routine for uploading on the blog. But, I have a feeling the month of August will be looking up, we have come up with some ideas that we are planning to do some posts about and I also think we are getting are shit together… just about.
- Harry Potter the prequel – 5 out of 5. This was a cute little prequel into seeing more of James and Sirius along with the flying motorcycle. Even though it was short it still made me smile and even feel a little sad when it ended.
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone – Do you need to ask my rating? 5 out of 5. Every time I read this book it feels like I am just starting out at Hogwarts with Harry, Ron and Hermione and every time I find something new I missed or forgot. I just brings me so much joy and happiness.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – Do you need to ask my rating? 5 out of 5. This re-read for me was a bit of a slow one. I took a bit longer than I would have liked and I blame on the fact that I was reading to other books a long side and those two books were Paper Towns and Thirteen Reasons Why which I will talk about in a minute. But, this book pleasantly surprised me with how much I enjoyed it… not gonna lie it’s been a while since I re-read this one.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – Do you need to ask my rating? 5 out of 5. This is my favourite book of the series. I feel like this is where the I fall more in love with the books in this series. This is the turning point for me, this is when my love for the series turns into adoration and obsession… yeah I may be slightly over attached to this series.
- Hush Hush – 4 out of 5. This was another re-read for me this month, but somehow I have managed to knock a point of this. I guess this book has such a big sentimental value to me that I love so much. In a way it is my comfort book just like Twilight… they are my go to books to get me out of a reading slump.
- Thirteen Reasons Why – 3 out of 5. I would have rated it lower, but something stopped me. I don’t know what it is about this book that makes me feel, parts of this book frustrates me as I understands it covers important topics but I do feel she sets some people up to fail… yet, I did enjoy the book.
- A Monster Calls – 5 out of 5. This book changed me on so many levels. The emotions and depth in this book, it’s a book that really makes you think about yourself and the decisions you make. It is though provoking, harrowing and a book that will forever stay with me.
- Paper Towns – 4 out of 5. I loved this story, filled with adventure and going out of your comfort zone and it made me wish I could go on that adventure.
- Animal Farm – 4 out of 5. This book was actually more enjoyable than I thought it would be. It’s brilliant because it shows how much power changes people and in this case animals. There are so many strong messages in this book, like a little power can lead to greediness and corruption to gain more. The past which is forgotten is bound to be repeated again. No one is equal, there will always be someone with more power.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – 3 out of 5. This is another book I don’t know how I feel about them. I neither hate it or love it, I’m just meh about it.
I have made a few changes to the project that I am writing. I changed characters names and I also have made a change on the way I am going to write the story; this will mean that I will have to revise and edit what I’ve already written. But, also I feel like there are some scenes I want to remove.